5 days, 5 hours ago adam_hereParticipant
Hi friendly SkedPal forum,
I am currently trialing SkedPal and I really like the idea of having a digital assistant creating a custom schedule for my per my parameters. So I have been adding tasks and projects, learning about SkedPal’s logic and assumptions (thanks for all the knowledge base articles and videos!), trying to figure out if and how SkedPal could possibly work for me.
One thing I have come to dread, though, is to click the Update Schedule button, simply because it takes SkedPal (desktop on Linux) over 2 minutes to do just that. It’s been between 2.5 and 3 minutes, which feels way too long.
I have checked my internet connection with youtube + live speed measurements and fast.com, and unless I am missing some info, that should not be it, unless latency plays a big(ger) role.
Any ideas?5 days, 4 hours ago SethParticipant
Hi Adam, thanks for your note. Normally, it shouldn’t take more than a few seconds. Please give us some time to review and get back to you.5 days, 3 hours ago adam_hereParticipant
Thank you for your quick response. Really appreciate that. Good to know it should not behave this way. Will test to see if it also happens when initiated via the Android app.4 days, 7 hours ago SethParticipant
Hi Adam, is there a way you can test this on a different network? It seems to be network related. Other users’ lapse for this service is in a reasonable range (a few seconds)3 days, 19 hours ago adam_hereParticipant
If by “network” you mean a different access point to connect to the internet (as I am assuming), unfortunately not that easily.
What’s interesting is that using the very same network the Android app is not giving me any problems with Update Schedule times in the mere seconds.
It seems to be some kind of syncing problem with the Linux desktop client.
I noticed that whenever I edit an entry, an animated sign informing me of the app’s sync in progress will appear right next to the Calendar “tab”. While this sync is happening, the Update Schedule button is deactivated. This sync takes quite some time, too (around a minute just now), even if I only edit one entry.
If it was the network, I would expect the Android app to behave as the desktop client, but it is actually only the desktop client I am having this issue with. I am running it under KDE Neon LTS 5.12.
I just noticed that somehow editing in the Android app and the desktop client in tandem solved an apparent syncing issue between the two. I am now back to a few seconds on the desktop, too. Will try to observe some pattern behind this.3 days, 8 hours ago SethParticipant
Thanks for the update and for sharing your observations. It does seem to be related to the sync process. Next time it happens, please sign out of the desktop app and sign in again. This will clean up the local database and rebuild it.3 days, 4 hours ago adam_hereParticipant
Thank you, Seth, will do.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.