Fixed Tasks include the items in our schedule that cannot be easily moved. Think of the following:
- lunch with a friend at a restaurant at 12:30 PM.
- a religious service held on Sunday at the same time each week
- a conference call
- a graduation ceremony at your kid’s school
- a meeting your boss has called with another department
All these events are difficult to reschedule and SkedPal assumes that you know what you are doing when you schedule these, and therefore won’t change them. If you do change them, SkedPal adjusts accordingly, but it won’t change them.
As you may know by now, Skedpal works alongside your current calendar (Google Cal, or Outlook/Exchange), without replacing it. Most people use their calendar to track appointments… so it only includes fixed tasks. This is where you need to continue to maintain your fixed events and appointments.
In addition, you can use the following alternative to create a fixed time task on your SkedPal calendar:
- Double-click on some available space on the calendar:
- Adjust the timing of the event in the RIGHT BOX.