- How’s SkedPal Different From Other Task Management Apps
- Planning at Project level vs Task Level
- Sequential Projects & Sub-Tasks
- How to Set up Recurring (Repeating) Tasks
- Viewing Recurring Task Sessions
- Scheduling Long Tasks
- The 21-Day Scheduling Horizon
- Bundling Small Tasks Together
- Using the Due Date vs Plan Date
- Fixed Time Tasks and Pinning Tasks on Calendar
- What are Hot Tasks and Projects?
- The Calendar Heat Map
- Finding a Task on the Calendar
- Planning Tasks that Can’t Start Before a Date or an Event
- Understanding the Focus Feature
- Planning for ‘Someday’
- You’re here -> Sidelining Fixed Events
If you have fixed events from Google or Office 365 on your calendar, you have the choice to sideline those events in order schedule tasks during the event time.
To sideline an event, double-click on it to open the right pane. Then, you’ll see the option to sideline.
Once you sideline an event, click on Update Schedule, and you’ll see SkedPal ignores the event, and considers you available for tasks during the event time.
Note that if a fixed event is marked as ‘Free’ or ‘Available’ on your Google or Office 365 calendar, then the event is sidelined automatically.